This is what’s happening in your Association
…Be involved and join us!
Keep up to date with all the events and workshops you are entitled to as an EBEA Member by looking for our MailChimp communications and Eventbrite Tickets. Please contact our Social Affairs chairperson or the EBEA office with event suggestions. We are always looking for fun and informative ways to get our members involved.
You can use PayPal to pay for all EBEA events and workshops! When using PayPal please select “Send Money to Friends and Family” to avoid additional charges. Add or update your MailChimp contact information by clicking HERE.
PRIDE Event – Learning Across The District
Date: October 2017 thru May 2018
Place: Jon R. Kopko Administration Building
When: during the opening part of the Board of Education Meetings
Show your PRIDE in public education and broadcast what your students have been learning in your classroom. Please see this sign up form for more information and Board of Education meeting schedules for each building. Show off your dynamic students and teaching!
Building schedule for support and presentations:
- October 12, 2017 – High School. Thank you Eric K, Conor S and Vanessa A!
- November 2, 2017 – Irwin & Lawrence Brook. Thank you Dana T, Nicole G, Melissa T and Evagelia K!
- November 30, 2017 – Hammarskjold. Thank you Brian L!
- January 18, 2018 – Central. Thank you Sherri C!
- February 1, 2018 – Churchill. Thank you Lauren L and Anna B!
- February 15, 2018 – Frost & Support Operations Facilities. Thank you Kerri A, Vickie A, Lisa B, Donna R, Allison S, Arthur T and Jill U!
- March 15, 2018 – Chittick & Educational Support Professionals/Administration Bldg. Thank you Wendy T and Jolene B!
- April 12, 2018 – Warnsdorfer & Bowne Munro. Thank you Emily P and Tina F from Bowne Munro. Thank you Jamie G, Lise N, Katrina R, Lisa R, Jennifer R, Sherri S and Rachel S from Warnsdorfer!
- May 24. 2018 – Memorial. Thank you Sidra I and Taylor V!
PRIDE Event – Bear Necessities Clothing Den
Always looking for volunteers and clothing donations!
Please click on the image above to be directed to our EBEA Bear Necessities Clothing Den page.
District Retirement Celebration – Jersey Shore Beach Party
Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Place: The Estate on Farrington Lake
Cost: $49/EBPS staff member
No beach chair or lotion needed, just your sunny smile, free spirit and admiring wishes to warm the hearts of the Class of 2018 Retirees!
Join your colleagues as they soak up the sunny rays of retirement, where they can put their feet in the sand any time of the day.
Congratulations to our 2018 Retirees!
Barbara Alexander, Mary Antonison, Elise Bara, Eileen Berk, Jo-Anne Bijas, Gwen Botwinick, Elizabeth Calimano, Maria Canzano, Linda Caputo, Liliana Cicchetti, Dorothy Clark, Lolita Clyburn, Norma Comerford, Jonathan Connors, Felixidad Cruz, Barbara Czarnecki, Anthony Dabroski, Kathryn Demko, Kathleen DeSimon, Patricia Donahue, Cathy Easley, Joanne Ficke, Leslie Gaertner, Julie Ginsberg, Lorri Goldberg, Sondra Goldstein, Della Green, Margaret Hearty, Pearl Hilman, Nancy Huber, Susan Jastrzebski, Denise Katzen, Rosemarie Kiernan, Patricia LaDuca, Priva Lerman, Harriet Lutsky, Lourdes Mamaril, Elizabeth Matulevich, Marie McCarthy, Donna Morelli, Evelyn Ogden, Gloria Pachos, Gail Semeniak, Lynne Small, Carol Sorkin, Maureen Staib, Donna Taylor, Johanne Troshane, Michelle Vacchio, Bessie “Betty” Vachna, Donald Vikse, Lori Wallis, Thomas Watts, Kenneth Wnorowski, Barbara Ziegler and Melissa Zrinski.
PRIDE – EB Ed Camp Exit 9
Date: Saturday, October, June 6, 2018
Place: Hammarskjold Middle School
Welcome Breakfast & Registration: 8:15am
EdCamp Sessions: 9:15am-12:30pm
Lunch & Learn: 12:30-1:30pm (Food Trucks will be on site for purchases)
EB EdCamp Exit 9 is an opportunity for parents, community members, education support professionals and educators to come together to learn about how to help students achieve more. Our goal is to provide accessible professional development for anyone who wants to impact student achievement and to learn more about what happens in classrooms throughout the state. We will be providing sessions to accommodate all attendees, regardless of your level of influence over students, and hope you’re able to take away some great tools and resources to use with students!
Discussions & Hands-On Sessions – Raffle Baskets – Free Event – Free Giveaways – The Ultimate “Unconference”
Follow us on Twitter at @ebedcamp, Like us on Facebook at EBEdCamp!
We are currently creating topics for parents and community members. If you would like to suggest a topic, please complete our survey at https://goo.gl/forms/C0Pb7raB8Btnuruy2
Register today at http://ebedcamp.weebly.com/
- MCEA Early Career Memeber Benefits Reception, 10/12/17
- IPD Workshop: Succeeding with Challenging Students for ESPs, 10/18/17
- IPD Workshop: Succeeding with Challenging Students for Teachers, 10/25/17
- “Beautiful” The Carole King Musical Bus Trip, 11/18/17
- IPD Workshop: Open Space, 12/6/17
- Holiday Night of Giving, 12/15/17
- MCEA PRIDE Fair, 1/28/18
- Paul DiMitriadis Memorial Fund Scholarship, due 4/6/18
- IPD Workshop: Autism, 4/17/18
- Black Tie Gala, 4/20/18
- Workshop: Teacher Appreciation Member Benefits, 5/8/18
- IPD Workshop: Digital Citizenship, 5/15/18
- Workshop: XYZ’s of Retirement, 5/15/18
- Social: Mets vs Yankee Game, 7/20/18
Register directly to MCEA. For more information visit the MCEA website.