Thinking about retirement?
It may have crossed your mind a few times but you just are not sure. Well there are many ways we can help. As a member of NJEA you are entitled to a free retirement consultation. By calling your NJEA UniServ office at (732) 287-4700 and scheduling an appointment for a “Retirement Consultation” you are headed in the right direction.
Your county association, MCEA holds several workshops during the year, again FREE to members. These workshops will help you make that very important decision a little easier and prepares you for a future retirement. Workshop dates can be found on the MCEA website as well as on this site when available (workshops are usually held in the fall, winter and spring).
The Division of Pension & Benefits in Trenton hold several retirement workshops and webinars throughout the year. Please refer to the Division of Pension & Benefits Retirement Workshops & Webinars web page for more information.
We are also here to help you all year long. Just call our office and we will be glad to send you some information to help you make your decision.
- All EBPS employee should be registered as a Member Benefits Online System (MBOS) member. Your TPAF/PERS statements are no longer being mailed. You will need to be a MBOS member to file for retirement or make withdrawals/changes to your pension.
- State of NJ Division of Pension & Benefits: Chapter 78, P.L. 2011 – Pension Changes for the Public Employees’ Retirment System (PERS) and Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund (TPAF)
- Retirement Planning Booklet
- State of NJ Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund Booklet
- State of NJ Division of Pension & Benefits: FACT Sheets – usuful information to review when deciding what the right steps are for you. (Retirement, Enrollment, Purchasing of Service &Pension Loans, Health Benefits, Tax Saving Plans, Defined Contribution Plans, Withdrawl, Life Insurance, Death Benefits, etc.)
- FACT Sheet #86: Post-Retirement Employment Restrictions
- Check out your Social Security statement, change your address and manage your benefits (How to create an online Social Security account)
- 2017 Medicare Part B Premiums – NJEA Review January 2017
- MCEA XYZ’s of Retirement – November 13, 2017 – available to members only
- MCEA XYZ’s of Retirement – March 1, 2018 – available to members only
- MCEA XYZ’s of Retirement – May 15, 2018 – available to members only
- NEA Retirement Program – Visit the National Education Association website for more information. Available to members only
- Once you know your retirement date (first day of the month), you will be required to supply a letter to Human Recources notifying them of your intention to retire. It is not necessary but is recommended, that you make an appointment with D.Ruggiero to personally hand her your letter.
- File for retirement via Member Benefits Online System (MBOS) and follow through with all required documents and paperwork.
Stay informed after retirement by joining the group that is changing the face of retired public school employees…the New Jersey Retirees’ Education Association.
Retire from your position, not your profession! Did you know you can start paying for your NJREA Life membership now? That’s right, start paying toward your NJREA membership now and lock in the current membership rate. Contact NJE A Membership for details, call: (609) 4599-4561, ext 4123, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, visit: njea.org/njrea and continue to support and represent New Jersey’s public schools.